We did get parking at the 2nd location and started blowing up our tubes. Thankfully I had purchased a car electric air pump and it went so fast. We had a total of 6 tubes and a cooler tube to blow up and it took us about 30 minutes total.
1. We decided to get our own tubes for the Salt River and I am so glad we did. Especially since we went on a Saturday. Some people were waiting over an hour to get their tubes and then they waited again for the shuttle to take them and drop them off, then they waited again for the shuttle to pick them up. In this heat that would have just sucked.
2. I'm glad we tied our tubes together. I can just imagine watching Garrett floating away from us. It would have been so stressful for me if we hadn't had done that. It was bad enough that at one point Tim's unhooked.
3. I wish we would have went during the week instead of the weekend. (Amy and Cindy did go and they said it was so much better not having all of the people and they got to see the wild horses).
4. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. It was soooo hot, the river was refreshing but you can get dehydrated quickly.
5. The tube for the cooler was awesome!! We also purchased a dry bag and that worked like a gem as well.
6. I purchased a cover for my phone and Tims. This way if they did go in the water it would float and hopefully I would be able to retrieve it back. I wasn't sure if it would take good pictures or not in the plastic holder. But I think they turned out pretty good.
7. Definitely need a life jacket for any kids. Tim had jumped in a couple of different times and there were times the water was over his head.
8. HAVE FUN! This was a great time and we can't wait to do it again :)
I will tell you I had the prickly pear margarita and OMG it was soooo good!!